Documents & file storage
How much storage space do I have?
This is depending on your plan. Go to your organization home page (
) and click the 'File storage' tab. On this page you will see a summary of the total space your organization is currently using.
Can I store different versions of the same document?
Yes, you can upload multiple versions of the same document. Click the 'More' button (...) next to the original file and select the 'Upload new version' link to upload a new version. The new file will become the current version and a small badge will show the version number. You can view previous versions by selecting the 'More->Manage document versions' link.
If the original file was attached to anything, this link will remain in place. This means that the new version is not automatically linked to anything! You can re-link the new document manually if this is what you need.
Can I see the differences between 2 versions of a document?
No, the version capabilities of mycommittee are limited for normal committee use and is not a full scale document management system. You will need to use an external tool to compare document versions.
Is there a limit on the size of files I can upload?
Yes, the maximum file size is 30MB
When I try to upload a file I get 'invalid file type'. What does it mean?
For security reasons you can only upload files that have a valid file extension. Most common file types are supported.
Can everyone see the files I upload?
The purpose of uploading documents is sharing. All committee members can see every document that is uploaded to your committee web site. Your document will even show up for a while on the overview page as a 'new' document so that it's easy for members to notice.
Can I share a document with another committee?
Depending on how your committee is setup, there might be several options for file sharing. The features available are depending on your current plan.
Click the more button (…) of the file you want to share and select the 'Share' button:
- Share with your parent committee: All members of your parent committee will be able to view this document
- Share with selected subcommittees: Select one or more of your subcommittees. All members of the selected subcommittees will be able to view this document
- Share on the public web page: This option will only be available when a public page was enabled for your committee. If available, this document will show up on the public page. All visitors of this page can view this document.
- Share with anyone by link: You can share a document with a public link.
Please note that once you share this link with anyone, it can be forwarded to anyone else. Anyone with the link can access this document. The only way to 'un-share' the document is to delete the document and upload it again. This way, a new public link will be generated.
I can no longer upload new files to my committee. What is wrong?
There can be a few reasons for a failed file upload.
1. You reached the limit of available file storage space. If you need more space, you will need to upgrade to the next level plan. You can not buy disk storage separately.
You can of course delete old files to free up some space.
2. You are trying to upload a file that is too big or has an invalid file extension (see above)